Demo Site

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

reminiscense of the past: a so-called friend

once upon a time, i was best of friends with this girl, hmm, let's just call her, A. i help out wherever that i could and whenever. i listen to her problems, trying to be a supportive friend. at the same time, i poured my heart out to her. and so, she knows every single little thing about me.

being the caring friend that i was, i tried to help her patch up with her ex. please bear in mind that i do not know her ex. i have never seen him or talk to him. although my house is less than 3 minutes away from her house. however, based on what A told me about him, i thought he was too good of a catch to let go off. so, i tried to patch them back together.

how you asked me? well, since they were still friends and were still meeting up, i kept asking to meet him. i thought if i met him, perhaps i could patch them up. oh, the naiveness. little did i know, she was bitching about me, behind my back., saying that i wanted to snatch her ex bf away from her. huh??? please note that till today, i have not seen him or talk to him ever. also note that, at that time, i was attached... although i was attached to an arse, but that doesn't mean that i want to go flirt somewhere else. sigh.

anyway, i was hurt. as i didn't think for a second that my so-called friend A would ever do that to me. and she did. what i didn't understand was...... why? i only wanted the best for her. then i started to think..... did A's ex bf ever existed? is he just a figment of her imagination? did she created that story up because she wanted to fit in? did she created the story up because she crave for attention?

as i sat there, thinking, i remembered how she used to claim that she could sense ghosts and see them. how her house is haunted. how depressed she felt. how rich she claimed she is. how she claimed her father was a millionaire..... but driving a lousy 15 year old car... huh?? yes, i admit that she has her own sad story, but life wasn't entirely that bad for her. at the end, i came to the conclusion that she's an attention seeker.

i treated her nice even after that incident. i just don't trust her anymore. and i don't think of her as a friend anymore. just an acquaintance. and so... i lost contact with her, after i came to KL to study.

recently.. we came into contact again. as usual, she was telling me stories of how great her life is... in the sense of her career and the money she's earning.... and at the same time, telling me her sob story... saying that she's very sick... and that she has this blood cell imbalance or something. that she keep fainting. in fact, she told me she was admitted to the hospital last week because she fainted.

sad to say..... once you lost my trust and respect.. it's gone forever. i did not feel anything for her. i did not feel sorry neither do i care of her well being. in fact, when she told me she was admitted to the hospital, it was as if she's telling me she ate chicken rice for lunch.

not because i am cold hearted, no no no. it is because.. i simply just don't believe her anymore. i just think that she's exaggerating and is seeking for attention again. to me, she is a major drama queen.

however i don't mind keeping in touch with her. it's good to know more.

and who knows, perhaps, one day, we can truly be friends back. if she ever apologies to me, and explain to me of whatever she did in the past...

but... so far... i'm keeping my cynicism.

0 Goodies: