Demo Site

Monday, April 02, 2007

Resume/CV

i was just updating my resume on jobstreet, goofing around when i realized something. how come resumes/CV need to be dusty, stuffy, unoriginal, boring, and formal? why can't i write something totally informal? something that reflects my personality? why must it be something that is similar with millions other CV? tell me tell me tell me why. why can't i write something that is ME? if i am able to write something that is totally me and not risk getting hired, it would be as below:-

Dear future employers,

I am happy that you have taken the time off to read my resume. I am a gal, going to be 23 this year. My birthday would be on May 9th, which I hope you will remember it when the time comes, cause I love to receive gifts. You would not regret interviewing me, cause believe me, you won't be bored. I am kinda like a non-stop talker, which sometimes intimidate people. I am friendly, kind and out-going, thus you don't need to worry about hiring a shy, intimidated introvert who secretly wish for you to die, cause, remember, I am kind.

I am also extremely resourceful or other people might say, graded A in using people, as I am always looking for a solution by asking help from my friends and contacts. I believe in receiving favours and giving them out. I don't mind helping people out as I believe that if you are nice to people, one day, when you need a favour, they won't mind helping you. Well, I admit I have my faults as I am somewhat a person that is honest and straight, thus sometimes I find it hard to think of other ways for something to work. Or maybe, I need a second longer to think.

I am also hardworking, good at taking orders and excellent at giving myself stress to adhere to my deadline. To a certain extend, some people might call me buggy as I always check up on the status to ensure that everything is in place. I hate losing control. I am somewhat a control freak. However, I am quite good in hiding my resentment towards people that I dislike yet have to work with. This is because I believe that it never pays to be mean and unkind. Also, I refuse to be political at work and gossip about people as I am afraid of looking for trouble. I just want things to be nice and simple. My motto is, "I am here to work. Not to create or find trouble.".

My favourite past time would be to shop but unless you give me a nice comfortable salary, I doubt I can do that often. I also love to travel as I find other places and cultures fascinating. This also relies on how much money I'm getting from my future job! Reading is my obsession as I find it relaxing and an escape from this world.

I hold an IT degree which I completed in year 2005. During the course of my degree, I was also working part time. I had dozens of part time jobs, ranging from a promoter, to a telemarketer, a receptionist to a Starbucks barista. So believe me when I say, I am not a newbie to hard work. My first permanent job was as a events organizer. I finish my final papers in November 2005 and in less than a week, I was off working already. I learnt a lot in my time with Crystal Edge, never realizing that I can actually work that much hours without finally succumbing to total exhaustion. People there were nice and friendly. Too bad, my pay that time was too little, else I would have stayed on. Then I went to work as a software engineer, thinking that I should go back to my roots.. my bachelor of IT. After a few months working there and in Jakarta, I realize that the job was too mundane for me. I was not paying attention and basically, it doesn't allow me to do the things I love doing, for example, talking. I wanted more excitement and, some might say, stress in a different way. So here I am, working as a Regional Business Development Consultant. I can say that I talk and chat for work. I've learnt a lot of business terms and processes that I never thought existed before.

I think I better end my CV here before giving too much away. Mysteries always pike people's interest. Come on, call me. You can reach me at 012- 3*****9. Trust me, you won't regret it. I am smart, young, humble, and eager to learn. And remember, no boredom... as there will be a never ending stream of chatter and questions.

Thank you, my future employers. Ciaos!

1 Goodies:

Anonymous said...

I tell u ar if i am da employer ar... i c ur resume so long i dun even bother 2 read da 1st line haha. Now u know y all resume mst b same format la