Demo Site

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

June Tagged Me!!!!!

First time ever. Never been tagged at blogosphere before. The subject of today's meme is 5 Reasons Why I Blog. Which surprisingly, is almost similar to my last post. How coincidence. Hey June, seems like we "sam leng siong toong". Great minds think alike. So shall I write about that again? Wouldn't it be boring?

Well, a tag is a tag. I shall respond.

Reason 1
When I first started working as a consultant, I was needed to write some proposals, and some business analysis. And I find it so hard to write. Even to write some simple emails. It was so difficult to express myself. Alarms started to ring. I had to do something. I used to write so much, I did not have any problem at all with writing. How could this be? Is it because I did not write for a year already? Oh no! This couldn't be. This cannot happen! A plan has to be made. *Ting - Light bulb was alight.* Yes, I shall start a blog. I shall make a habit of writing again. Practice makes perfect. Or rather, in this case, practice makes expressing easier.

Reason 2
I don't see my friends that often. I have friends scattered over the globe, US, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, UK, Hong Kong, etc. In a way, this blog serves as a purpose for them to know that I'm still alive and kicking. To let them know the happenings in my life. Or maybe, more of my thoughts. For them to know all the nooks and cranny in my head. To let them know what to expect of Cathryn and also, so that they wouldn't be surprised when I react in a weird way. LOL

Reason 3
I don't really understand myself. I am always soul searching, taking personality tests and all to understand myself better. Sometimes I don't even know what I want. Sometimes I don't even know how I feel and why am I feeling that way. I am always forgetting what happened in the past. To me, this blog will be a reminder to me of all the events that had happened in my life. Perhaps, this blog will serve as an insight to what kind of person I really am.

Reason 4
Any better reason than, because I love writing. I guess maybe it stems from my love of reading. Or maybe because I love to talk. Or maybe a combination of both. What better way to express my love of talking and reading.. than through writing? By writing, I can talk whatever that's left in my head that I forgot to or did not manage to tell my friends. By writing it now, I can read all of it later, in the future. I am providing myself with my own reading material. Hahahahah

Reason 5
I actually couldn't think of reason 5. Cause the above is all the reasons why I blog. So I sat down, and think and think and think. And finally, I know. I want to know how good I am at writing. Whether there's anyone other than my friends that would be interested enough to read my blog every day. I want to know whether I am interesting or whether I am dull. I want to know whether if one day, I decide to write for a living, would I survive? Would I have fans? And also, of course at the end of the day, I hope that I'll have my own group of readers.

During the course of writing this, I told John I was writing this. He asked me what would be my reasons. And I asked him what he think would be my 5 reasons. He came up with 2 reasons. One, cause I am narcissistic and second, cause I have the time. I was like, damn John, you saying I love myself. And he's like, doest thou deny it? Haha... No, I don't deny it. I think it's good to be narcissistic. It's a good thing!!! And about me having the time, I guess partly true partly not. Cause sometimes when I'm so busy, I'll try to make time to sit down and write a post. Haha Too bad John, both of your reasons are not in my list!!!

By the way, i would like to tag the people below:-
  1. Jamy Gan
  2. Yenny Lim
  3. Mun Yee
This is homework for all of you. Remember to do. If not, I'll come after you with a "rotan".

2 Goodies:

khengsiong said...

Cathryn,
You are a business consultant. Mind telling me more about your job? I am an MBA student.

Belle.Blahnik said...

i dont mind telling you more of my work nature.. but the thing is, i dont think i can tell you over here in blogspot.. basically i'm in business development...i help my company to set up business overseas.. anyway, you can email me at cathryn.belle@gmail.com.. i'll reply you.