Demo Site

Thursday, March 22, 2007

paranoia

i noticed that i have changed. i am not the person i used to be. i used to be able to help strangers on the street. now? *ahem* let's just say, better safe than sorry.

why am i saying this? well, 2 incidents triggered this thought.

yesterday, i was walking to office from the LRT station. as i walk, someone called out, "excuse me, excuse me." i was afraid. i didn't know whether to reply or to ignore. in the past, i have really bad experiences with strangers asking me things. due to such experiences, i have become more careful and wary of strangers. thus, me being rude and not answering people when being called.

yesterday, when that stranger called out... a chord of fear strikes me in my heart. i did try not to answer.. but he kept calling me. i turn my head to where he was, warily.. afraid that he might be another pervert. he was a really tall indian guy, i think more than 6 feet tall. and i said, yes? luckily he was asking me where is menara tan & tan. sigh.

another incident happened in my office. my office does not have its own washroom. we have a common washroom, sharing with other companies, and occasionally strangers. so you will never know who will be around. i went to the washroom yesterday. as i was walking out of the washroom, there was a malay man right outside of the washroom. he asked me, is there anyone else in there? and i was like, huh?? feeling afraid, didn't know what to answer him. he repeated his question and i answered him, yes and i quickly walk back to my office.

this is getting bad. i am so paranoid. so wary of strangers. no wonder they say people these days are rude and not helpful. but can you really blame us? what if i help you, and you turn out to be a conman? or someone waiting to rob me?

what has this world turn into?

1 Goodies:

khengsiong said...

I am equally paranoid.
Ages ago, when I was a student, I worked part-time for a research firm. My job was to do survey by interviewing consumers. Unfortunately, few people were willing to talk to me.
But why do you specifically mention the ethnicity of the guys in the two incidents? Are you racist?