Demo Site

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Confessions of a Sarong Party Girl (SPG)!

Ahem.. to all of you who thinks that I'm announcing my new status.. sorry, it's not about me and besides, for heaven's sake, do you ever think that I'll sell myself that cheap? And I AM NOT THAT DESPERATE!

I came about this blog.. by (in)famous self proclaimed Sarong Party Girl, Miss Chloe Cheng or Isabella X, in Singapore - www.missizzy.org Last year, she caused some uproar in Singapore.. as she posted some naked/nude photos of hers in her blog. I've read some of her early entries and it's all about dating angmohs (for those who do not understand that term - angmoh is a Hokkien word for caucasians), sex, religion and other controversial issues. Btw guys, she writes for a column in Singapore FHM.

*Ahem* ok, let me describe what is term as SPGs (correct me if I'm wrong, please) SPGs are Asian or more specifically Singaporean women who likes dating Caucasian men. Well, the not so nice way to describe a SPG is:- a gold digger, a slut who speaks with a fake accent and only goes after Caucasian males. And Wikipedia describes SPG as a derogatory term used in Singapore, and, less frequently, in Peninsular Malaysia. It describes a local Asian woman(Chinese,Malay,Indian, etc.) who usually dresses and behaves in a provocative manner; and exclusively dates and prefers caucasian men. This can be considered a variant of the Pinkerton Syndrome, as it involves an Asian woman who only dates Caucasian men and considers them superior to their local counterparts. For those who likes to read more about SPGs in Wikipedia:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong_party_girl

Here, Chloe Cheng (or Isabella X) talks about why she chooses white expats :- http://www.missizzy.org/2004/04/12/why-white-expats/
Honestly, I've seen some of her pictures, and I do not think that she is that pretty or slim, despite her unforgiving comments about fat girls. Yeah, I know she's not fat but she's not as skinny as she's potraying.

And here's a guide on how to be a Super SPG, I believe is also written by Chloe but I'm not sure:-
http://sarongpartygirl2.blogspot.com/2004_04_17_sarongpartygirl2_archive.html (for those who *ahem* plans to be a SPG themselves LOL just kidding ya, guys!)

When I was 10, I was in a bookshop and I came across the first ever book on SPGs, by Jim Aitchison. It's more like a comic as there are alot of illustrations (by Theseus Chan). But I don't think it was the right kind of book to be read by a 10 year old. I can still remember my reaction towards the revelation.. I was thinking, "Seriously, are there really girls like that?". Oh, how naive I was. And how innocent.

0 Goodies: