Demo Site

Monday, December 18, 2006

My Wishlist for Christmas and the year of 2006

There are some items that I would like to have. Since the sale is on, perhaps, after buying gifts for others, if the bill is not as exorbitant I'm expecting it to be.. I shall shop for myself. But then again, after Christmas.. will be Chinese New Year.. need to save money to give mum a big angpau. Sigh. Let's just see how it is.
  1. Benefit's Dallas Palette - It's a set of blusher, eyeshadow and lipcolor.
  2. Foundation from Bobbi Brown - My face is full of blemishes... so..need extra cover-up
  3. A Set of Make Up Brushes - To apply make up properly
  4. Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous - It's a compact powder *Ahem more cover up..
  5. Shiseido's Eye Soother - I've got fine lines and dark circles around my eyes
  6. Clinique's Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer - Clear away all my scars and renew my skin!
  7. Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System or Biotherm Skin Care, either for combination skin or blemish prone skin.. not sure yet..
  8. Body Shop Glitter Eyeliner in Diamond Night - Darn nice!!!
  9. MAC Liquid Eyeliner - Hehe I want to learn to use liquid eyeliner
  10. Working Pants - I've only one.. which is getting old.. and besides.. I can't only have one slacks
  11. A Pretty Dress - Well.. I don't have many dresses also.. Need one more.. saw one... in my favourite color... Green... Planning to buy it after all the Christmas shopping.. if I have money :P
  12. Hair Treatment - I've got split ends.. sucks
  13. Boots - I've never own one before..
  14. Thigh length Nylon Stokings.. I want those & I can't find decently priced ones!
  15. Oh ya.. one nail polish & remover... someone asked me to color my toe nails.. she said ugly without color!

Ok, I know that my list of items.. most of it.. are just.. wants.. and not needs..and are mostly.. because I'm vain! I'm not going to buy all of them.. well.. guess.. i have to pick.. 2 items I want the most... if I still have some money left.. hahahah

Christmas Countdown :- 7 Days

Recap of 2006
I started working in November 2005. My first job was to organize corporate events. It was fun, it was interesting, it was blardy tiring, it was an eye opener, colleagues were friendly, sweet, caring and nice.. however.. there's always something to be disatisfied with, so I switch jobs.. and went to work in Silverlake as a software engineer in April. There, at first, the job was interesting, however later on, it became repetitive and unchallenging for me.. due to the task they assigned me to.. I went to Jakarta in July 24th for work.. the day I left Malaysia.. I cried and I cried.. as I was leaving someone that I love alot at the same time. Well, I was not to be in Jakarta for a long time, so it was not because of the distance.. but it was because it was time to let go, no point living in denial. During the 2 months I was in Jakarta.. I was miserable.. Some things happened, I felt betrayed and I felt that I couldn't go on. Have you ever had a person's voice saying the same phrase, repeating in your head for a whole month? And each time you hear it, you feel as if a knife is being driven into your heart. People in Jakarta was really nice.. certain friends help me go through it and I'm so grateful.. thanks for everything my dear friends! Somewhere around August, I received an offer to switch jobs again! I guess it came at the right time.. Cause at that moment, I really wanted to just come back to Kuala Lumpur.. and I was so bored with my job that I had to drag myself to work everyday. I quit Silverlake in September and started working as a Regional Business Development Consultant in October. And here I am now, ready to face another new year ahead of me.

I think, this year has taught me alot of things and I'm not the same person I used to be. Well, overall I'm still the same Cathryn, but there's some part of me which change and I'm wondering whether it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I learnt not to take people's word so seriously, that to most people, promises are meant to be broken. Most of the time, people just say things at the spur of the moment, and did not mean a single thing they said. I learnt that everyone lies, even the ones that you think will never lie to you. I learnt that it is not that easy to forgive if you cannot forget, especially when you don't understand the need of such actions. For me, I think it'll be easier to forget/forgive, if you understand why so and so behaved such way. And no matter how many times you analyze it, you still wouldn't understand. And as you try to understand it in order to forget the hurt and to forgive, you find yourself getting hurt again and again cause you are actually reliving it. You are actually going through the process all over again.

It's quite funny, how when you finally think that you've let go of the hurt and are ready to start anew that you realized that it is as painful as ever and the hurt that you thought was gone was actually hiding in a little corner in your heart. LOL, it was actually playing hide-and-seek with you! However, I believe it'll all go away, with my determination and help from someone. And as the year ends, as I reminisce and ponder on my actions and memories, as tears are flowing down my cheeks and smiles are creeping up the corners of my mouth, yes, I do believe that I had a fruitful year and all that happened, have made me a more matured person. And I am waiting in anticipation of what 2007 will bring me. And how it will change me.

Let's drink to 2006 and welcome 2007 with open arms! Cheers!

0 Goodies: