Demo Site

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A girl named Secret and a guy named Bambi

Haha.. Yesterday I was chatting with my best friend, Des and she told me a funny story. She said that she is somehow cursed with having to meet people with funny names and couldn't laugh (even though she really wants to) at them (as it will be rude). She said that she met a girl named Secret Ong. Haha.. Funny.. and I wonder why secret? why not cigarettes? Haha.. Cause, to tell you frankly, when I was little, I couldn't differentiate secret and cigarettes... chicken and kitchen.. haha.. That was before I could spell. I was really little ok?

Another person she met would be a guy named Bambi Ng. Hahahahaha.. ok FYI, Bambi in the cartoon is a male.. although the name does sound like a girl's name. The funniest thing is, the name is really in his IC, (for the sake of my non Malaysian friends; IC stands for Identification Card). I pity that guy.. I wonder how many times he had been made fun of. I promise myself that I won't put my children through that kind of torture. Haha

One more experience she shared with me was.. one day, she had to call a person named Carey Tan Lee Hin. A guy answered the phone and she asked, "May I speak to Tan Lee Hin?". The guy replied, "Yes, speaking.". and she said to me, " The worse thing is, I can't laugh. I have to maintain a normal expression and speak normally to them when all I want to do is laugh."

Well, my dear friend, I understand your predicament. But.. on the bright side, these kind of situations make you practice your..er..er... ability to put on a mask.. hahahha.. for the sake of business. A valuable lesson.

Back to my question, why do people name themselves that? or why do parents name their children that kind of names? Any ideas?

0 Goodies: