Demo Site

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rainy Days Are Here To Stay

It has been raining everyday since like.. I think a month ago. My poor friend John came up with this theory that the rain likes to rain on him. ekekeke Cause he says that every time he has to go to the car for work, it'll start to rain. Normally it will rain in the afternoons or in the evenings. It hardly ever rains in the mornings. I don't mind the rain so much if it rains in the afternoon during lunch hour or what ever the hour is.. as long as it's not at 6.00pm, the time that I will be leaving my office to go home. Sigh, nowadays I have to make a habit to bring an umbrella.
Surprisingly, it rained this morning. I was quite surprise to see the dark cloudy sky and feel the rain drops on my face. Luckily, I remembered to bring my umbrella along before I leave for work. Hehe..

Actually I used to enjoy the rain. When I was little. Well, people might think it's because children likes to play in the rain. FYI, I was a really obedient little girl so I don't play in the rain. What I normally do when it rains, back when I was this little girl (Well little in the age sense, not physically, ok imagine this, I was already 160 cm tall when I was 12, my daddy used to call me his little giant), was to grab a book and read. I would be in my parents' room, sitting down on the floor, leaning against the wall, sitting right below the window. At the background, there would be my mum preparing tea time snacks and the sound of the mahjong being played. Back in the good old days, my daddy and his friends would be playing mahjong almost every afternoon. There and then, I would be in another world, following the journey of the book.

Well, don't be surprised folks, yes, I am a book worm. I love books. Back when I was a little girl (I start reading stories when I was 7), I can finish 10 of those children/teenage novels each week. I have a library card since I was 7. Each library membership allows us to borrow 2 books, so by the time I was 10, I have around 5 membership cards. My brother's, my mum's, my cousins', mine, all for me to borrow books to read. I stop going to the library when I was 11, as I finished the children section. I started buying books instead. Or I would receive books for my birthday, Christmas or some hand-me-downs from my cousins. My dream would be having a mini library of my own.

Nowadays, when it rains, I still love to read a book. I'll switch the aircon on, lying on my bed, curl beneath my blanket and with a book in my hand. That would be a perfect time to let loose and pretend that I am a character of the story. An escape from the harsh reality of this world.

4 Goodies:

datacrush said...

You should have played in rain more often. Last I did when I was 16. I stared outside long enough and decided to roll in with mother nature. Undignified? Only lame plastic noobs would think so.

Belle.Blahnik said...

Hmm.. the last time I played in the rain til I was drenching wet.. was when I was 13.. walking home from school.. in the rain.. with my friends.. haha.. the more recent one.. is sitting at the side of the road in the rain.. with another person.. talking to each other.. he was holding an umbrella.. haha. so imagine if you passed by, and you see that.. you'll think.. these two idiots..

Yenny said...

Hmm... the last time i played in the rain... i don't really remember it. I do enjoy raining days... but not when i am driving or walking outside. I love to sit somewhere out that i can feel the breeze but not getting wet, and chit chat with friends or... erm, read a book like Cathryn... ;-)

Belle.Blahnik said...

There's a certain smell after it rains. It smells.. cleaner.. As if all the sins of the world is wash away by the rain..