Demo Site

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Air Asia - Free? and RM9.90 to London?

Everyone can fly! There are 1,000,000 (1 Million) free tickets on 70 routes for grabs! I've checked the availability just now... and hehe... most people are getting the tickets to Macau... I think that those people... wants to fly to Macau to go to Hong Kong. Hmm... I know this... cause I've thought of it before. Haha... Anyway, during this period of 'while tickets last', www.airasia.com will be quite laggy. Yes, I know that the tickets are cheap or rather in this case free... there are a petrol surcharge and airport taxes.. so in the end... not as cheap as you hope for... AirAsia says that it is able to provide cheap tickets because they provide e-tickets, and no in-flight meals. They actually sells food and drinks at a expensive price on board!!!! One cup noodle for ... if I'm not mistaken RM5..... if you buy in Giant, it's only RM1?? Imagine how many cup noodles you need to eat to reach London? How much you'll spend on board???

The Chinese says "There's no such a big frog simply hopping on the streets!" (Mo Kam Tai Jek Kap Na Chui Kai Thiu) which means no free meal in this world. Two words - Marketing Gimmick!

Ok, I'm rambling here, remember? I'm diagnosed with temporary insanity.... LOL Sorry about my grammar.. Can't think properly.. think I better go to bed... Nites, everyone!

1 Goodies:

khengsiong said...

Dear Cat,
The equivalent of the Chinese saying is "There is no such thing as a free lunch", coined by economist Milton Friedman who died last year.

I have a related post on AirAsia, here...
http://2point8.blogspot.com/2007/01/long-haul-budget-flight-anyone.html

P/S Use PhotoShop to 'blur' out the irrelevant people in your picture.