Demo Site

Monday, January 22, 2007

Guess what I got from my trip away?

OMG, I look into the mirror.. and I saw.. a couple of HUGE RED Pimples on my face and... some small ones... Sigh.. Is this what you get from traveling? I hate pimples.. it doesn't seem to want to leave me alone! Every time I thought my face has cleared up, and the pimples.. will be away, at least for some time.. it comes back.. with a VENGEANCE!

Due to the nature of my job, I get to travel. Perks of the job. Yeah, traveling is interesting.. and I am very lucky to get such a job that helps me to develop/polish skills.. that will be very useful to my career. Anyway, when people hear that I get to travel on and off.... they will say, "Wah, so nice ar, get to travel! so much fun!" I don't want to sound ungrateful here or that I do not enjoy my job, nor am I complaining, and I also did not say I do not want to travel for my work anymore, it's just that, people need to realize that when you travel for work.. it is tiring.. and not really that fun. Most of the time, your schedule will be full and you wouldn't have much time to explore.. or even when you do, you just want to crawl onto your bed, slide beneath the quilt, and just sleep.

But, a very HUGE BUT, I did enjoy my trip. I love my bed. I love the fact that I had such a big bed to myself... and I was rather greedy, sleeping with FOUR pillows...ahahaha.... and during this trip, I realized that subconsciously, I fell in love with the city of Jakarta. I guess people will ask me why. What's so special? The crime rates there? The never ending bird flu? The air pollution? Well, I guess, I like the fact that.. the people there are courteous, at least, in shopping malls, when you get down the car in front of the entrance, there's someone to open the door for you. I like the language... I think that it sounds better than Malaysia's Malay... I think I sound like I'm betraying my country.. but I do prefer their language.. But, I think most importantly, is the friends I met there. And also the bittersweet memories I had there..

Well, there are things that annoy me to the max there too.. I think some of the doctors there, really suck big time! I think that the water there sucks... Pollution.. We were advised not to drink the water there.. even if we boiled it beforehand.. it is still not safe. So when I was there, I had to drink bottled water. And I have this thing against mineral water.. I hate the taste of it.. And oh, out of all the people that was sent to work there (erm, my ex colleagues), 9 out of 10 of us will experience stomachache.. diarrhea.. even though we did not take food from the roadside stalls.. But lucky me, I guess I'm the number 10. Haha.. Perhaps.. my stomach is stronger.. Or so I thought.. haha.. Cause after I got back from Jakarta this time around, my stomach.. is.. feeling quite funny.. Ok, I'm going to give out extra information here.. haha.. Since Thursday night, I've been to the toilet 8 times! The funny thing is.. my stomach felt fine.. during the time I was there.. However I kinda lost my appetite there.. No worries though, being a food lover as you all know.. my appetite is back!

Erm, please excuse me, y'all! I gotta... go to the loo... *Stomach making funny noises, Oops! Cathryn hurriedly ran to the loo..

2 Goodies:

khengsiong said...

You enjoy the trip. You love your bed. You were lucky...

When I was in HCMC 2 years ago, I had to share a room with my boss! (2 different beds, fortunately.)

I extended my stay for 2 days after my boss left for Malaysia. In these 2 days I toured around Mekong Delta. I paid for my expenses, of course, but it was fine...

Belle.Blahnik said...

Ooh.. HCMC?? Me going to Hanoi in June.. Yippee..!! That's a vacation la.. not for work! hehe..

The reason why I enjoyed the trip was... because I get to visit Jakarta that hold so much memories for me... and most of all, I miss my friends there..